Welcome to Year 3
Welcome back Year 3!
This term we are looking at the Human Body in Science. We will be looking at the skeleton and the different bones. Then we will look at the different types and functions of the muscles. During this topic, we will discuss having a healthy diet and the vitamins and nutrients needed to help our body grow.
In Geography, we will be looking at The United Kingdom and our local area. We will be naming the capital cities of the UK and some counties.
Using Google Maps, we will be focussing on topographical features of the UK and the local area. We will be comparing parts of the country by physical features too.
Please note: This half term we have a cricket coach delivering sessions on a Thursday. Please make sure children have a suitable outdoor kit in school in case our session takes place outside.
Please note that in the event of a school closure home learning will be posted on this web page and also on Purple Mash
- PE days will be Tuesdays and Thursdays- please have indoor and outdoor kits in school each week. PE kits will go home every week, to be washed and returned for the following week.
Earrings must be removed before PE, either at home or by the child in school.
- Please read with your child 4 times per week and make a note of this in their planners. As soon as your child has completed their book, please return it to school so that it can be changed for a new text.
- Spellings will be sent home weekly. These can be practised by using the Spelling Shed app (logon details in the front of planners).
- Your child will be tested on their spellings every Wednesday.
- Homework will be given out for the whole term, in the form of a 'Pick and Mix' document. It will have different activities to choose from. There will be enough for 1 activity per week. We will not collect homework in on a weekly basis (to reduce the risk of transmission). However, we will have a "Homework Celebration Day" at the end of each term. Your child can email photos or powerpoints through PurpleMash, or through the office email, to show in front of the class on this day.
- It is also very important that your child learns their times tables. We have daily tests in school, but it would also be extremely useful if you could also practise these at home. This can be done using the Times Tables Rock Stars app (login details in the front of planners). The class teacher will have pre-selected the appropriate times tables for your child to access.
- Below are a range of helpful documents and web pages including our new Knowledge Organisers for Maths and Grammar. They set out key expectations and vocabulary expected in Y3. We hope that you find them useful.
Mrs Kerns and Mrs Seddon