Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to the Summer Term in Year 3!
This term we are looking at how Britain changed between the Stone Age and the Iron Age. This will include, researching food, tasks and tools from the Stone Age and the Bronze Age. We will be looking at the various inventions and evolution that occurred between the two time periods. As part of this topic, we will have an experience day, where the children will be able to see and touch artefacts from prehistoric Britain.
In Science, we will be looking at light and shadows, including how we are able to see and how light can be blocked and reflected. After that, we will look at the life cycles of a plant, seed dispersal and parts of a plant.
And of course we are going to Tower Wood!!
The children (and staff) are extremely excited and there will be plenty of pictures and videos to follow!
There will be tweeted updates everyday and a selection of photographs on here after the event.
Please note that in the event of a school closure home learning will be posted on this web page and also on Purple Mash
- PE days will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays- please have indoor and outdoor kits in school each week. PE kits will go home every week, to be washed and returned for the following week.
Earrings must be removed before PE, either at home or by the child in school.
- Please read with your child 4 times per week and make a note of this in their planners. As soon as your child has completed their book, please return it to school so that they can complete a comprehension quiz, and it can be changed for a new text.
- Spellings will be sent home weekly. These can be practised by using the Spelling Shed app (log in details in the front of planners).
- Your child will be tested on their spellings every Friday.
- Homework will be given out for the whole term, in the form of a 'Pick and Mix' document. It will have different activities to choose from. There will be enough for 1 activity per week. We will not collect homework in on a weekly basis. However, we will have a "Homework Celebration Day" at the end of each term. Your child can email photos or powerpoints through PurpleMash, or through the office email, to show in front of the class on this day. Alternatively, children can bring in work from home, on this day.
- It is also very important that your child learns their times tables. We have daily tests in school, but it would also be extremely useful if you could also practise these at home. This can be done using the Times Tables Rock Stars app (log in details in the front of planners). The class teacher will have pre-selected the appropriate times tables for your child to access.
- Above are a range of helpful documents and web pages including our new Knowledge Organisers for Maths and Grammar. They set out key expectations and vocabulary expected in Y3. We hope that you find them useful.
Mrs Kerns and Mrs Seddon