Welcome to Year 3 !!!
Our lead topic this term is a geography based topic 'What Makes the Earth Angry?' This is a really exciting topic all about volcanoes and fits very nicely with our science based topic 'What do Rocks Tell Us About the Way the Earth was Formed?'. During the topic, we will learn all about what is beneath the ground and different types of rock
- P.E is on a Monday and Thursday
Please note that in the event of a school closure home learning will be posted on this web page and also on Purple Mash
- Please read with your child 4 times per week and make a note of this in their planners. As soon as your child has completed their book, please return it to school so that it can be changed for a new text.
- Spellings will be sent home weekly. These can be practised by using the Spelling Shed app (logon details in the front of planners).
- Your child will be tested on their spellings every Wednesday.
- This year homework will be given out for the whole term. There will be a 'Pick and Mix' document with different activities to choose from. There will be enough for 1 activity per week. We will not collect homework in on a weekly basis (to reduce the risk of transmission) but please feel free to send any photographs of work on the week before the Christmas break (using Purple Mash) so that we can share and celebrate the children's achievements.
- It is also very important that your child learns their times tables. We have daily tests in school, but it would also be extremely useful if you could also practise these at home. This can be done using the Times Tables Rock Stars app (login details in the front of planners). The class teacher will have pre-selected the appropriate times tables for your child to access.
- Below are a range of helpful documents and web pages including our new Knowledge Organisers for Maths and Grammar. They set out key expectations and vocabulary expected in Y3. We hope that you find them useful.