Welcome to Year 3 !!!
Our lead topic this term is a geography based topic 'What Makes the Earth Angry?' During the topic, we will learn all about volcanoes and parts of the earth's crust. Our science based topic 'Why are Magnets so attractive?'. During the topic, we will learn all about forces, magnets and magnetic forces. Our Art, Design and Technology based topic will look at the work of Andy Warhol and his use of a printing block, marbling techniques and we will make a scaled model of a volcano out of everyday objects.
- Year 3W P.E is on a Wednesday and Friday.
- Year 3K P.E is on a Monday and Wednesday.
- Please read with your child 4 times per week and make a note of this in their planners. As soon as your child has completed their book, please return it to school so that it can be changed for a new text.
- Spellings will be sent home weekly. These can be practised either by using the Spelling Shed app (logon details in the front of planners) or by using the look, cover, write sheet which is available on request.
- Your child will be tested on their spellings every Wednesday.
- One piece of additional homework will also be sent home each Thursday. This is usually Maths or English related. Please ensure that your child completes this and returns it to school the following week.
- It is also very important that your child learns their times tables. We have daily tests in school, but it would also be extremely useful if you could also practise these at home. This can be done using the Times Tables Rock Stars app (login details in the front of planners). The class teacher will have pre-selected the appropriate times tables for your child to access.