Welcome to Year 1-2019/20
Welcome to the Year 1 webpage which will be updated throughout the year with our class curriculum and news, updates and photographs of the exciting things that we have been getting up to.
Don't forget to check the James Brindley Twitter page; @JamesBrindleyPS for more updates too.
During the spring term we will be doing Geography and History. In Geography we will be researching our local area and designing a new playground for the school. In History we will be researching local engineer James Brindley and his work on the Bridgewater canal. In English we will be looking a variety of different texts and developing our writing by trying to join sentences using 'and' and because.
In Maths we will be In Maths, we will continue developing our number knowledge within 100. We have also started counting in multiples of 2s, 5s and 10s. We will also be working on addition and subtraction facts and identifying and recalling number bonds.
Class Assembly Date
Friday 31st January 2020
* Homework will be sent home on a Thursday and returned on a Tuesday.
* Spellings will be sent home on a Friday and tested the following Friday. Access to the Spelling Shed has been put in the front of your child's reading record. You can use the games on there to practise each week's spellings. Please ensure that your child is accessing spelling shed to practise their spellings.
* P.E. lessons will be on Monday and Thursday. If your child wears earrings they will need to be removed by yourself or them prior to the sessions. Children are unable to participate when wearing earrings or any other kind of jewellery.
* Please ensure that ALL of your child's clothing is clearly labelled.
* Reading books need to be in school every day. Your child will read of specific days each week both individually and as part of Guided Reading sessions. Please ensure that your child reads at least 4 times at home each week and that this is recorded in their planner.
Please take the time to look through the Year 1 end of year expectations below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to speak to us or make an appointment.
We look forward to a successful year with your child.
Miss Jewell Miss Jervis Miss Tandy