Welcome to Year 1-2019/20
Welcome to the Year 1 webpage which will be updated throughout the year with our class curriculum and news, updates and photographs of the exciting things that we have been getting up to.
Don't forget to check the James Brindley Twitter page; @JamesBrindleyPS for more updates too.
During the Autumn Term our topic will be a Geography focus. We will be comparing hot and cold climates, identifying seasonal weather patterns and also exploring the North and South Poles. We will also be developing our computing skills by researching the weather in different countries. As a basis for our writing, we will be reading the book 'Meerkat Mail' and following Sunny on his travels.
Class Assembly Date and Macmillan Coffee Morning
Friday 27th September
And the grand total raised from the Macmillan coffee morning is...……. £313.62!!!
Thank you to everyone that donated or bought a cake, a fantastic amount raised for an important cause
* Homework will be sent home on a Thursday and returned on a Tuesday.
* Spellings will be sent home on a Friday and tested the following Friday. Access to the Spelling Shed has been put in the front of your child's reading record. You can use the games on there to practise each week's spellings. Please ensure that you child is accessing spelling shed to practise their spellings.
* P.E. lessons will be on Monday and Thursday. If your child wears earrings they will need to be removed by yourself or them prior to the sessions. Children are unable to participate when wearing earrings or any other kind of jewellery.
* Please ensure that ALL of your child's clothing is clearly labelled.
* Reading books need to be in school every day. Your child will read of specific days each week both individually and as part of Guided Reading sessions. Please ensure that your child reads at least 4 times at home each week and that this is recorded in their planner.
Please take the time to look through the Year 1 end of year expectations below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to speak to us or make an appointment.
We look forward to a successful year with your child.
Miss Jewell Mrs E Ward Mrs Lyth Miss Tandy