Welcome to Year 3 !!!
Our lead topic this term is a science based topic 'Why Can Usain Bolt Run So Quickly?' During the topic, we will learn all about the human body and nutrition.
- P.E is on a Monday and Thursday.
- Please read with your child 4 times per week and make a note of this in their planners. As soon as your child has completed their book, please return it to school so that it can be changed for a new text.
- Spellings will be sent home weekly. These can be practised either by using the Spelling Shed app (logon details in the front of planners) or by using the look, cover, write sheet which will be sent home in the Home Work books.
- Your child will be tested on their spellings every Wednesday.
- One piece of additional homework will also be sent home each Thursday. This is usually Maths or English related. Please ensure that your child completes this and returns it to school the following week.
- It is also very important that your child learns their times tables. We have daily tests in school, but it would also be extremely useful if you could also practise these at home. This can be done using the Times Tables Rock Stars app (login details in the front of planners). The class teacher will have pre-selected the appropriate times tables for your child to access.